Internship - Corporate Credit
This is a unique opportunity to intern within a small and growing investment team with $50 billion in assets under management. Security Benefit is a leader in the U.S. retirement market whose investment portfolio has consistently delivered industry leading returns through a rigorous and differentiated investment strategy. The team’s responsibilities will be focused on managing Security Benefit’s investment portfolio which today includes credit, commercial real estate, private ABS and private equity. Position will work in our Des Moines, Iowa office. Associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of Senior Analyst’s and responsibilities may include:
- Financial Analysis and Investment Due Diligence: Assist team in preparing models and conducting financial analysis and overall due diligence on existing and new potential investments to understand business performance, operating trends, operating and financial forecasts, industry dynamics and assessing the overall risk of an investment. This includes preparing financial models, investment memoranda, and other necessary business analyses.
- Investment Origination: Assist investment team in diligence related to originating investments suitable to Security Benefit’s risk and return objectives.
- Portfolio Management: Assist in portfolio management activities including trade support, pricing, audit/finance/investment operation requests, legal documentation, and regulatory matters.
- Reporting: Responsible for ad hoc and periodic reporting on portfolios of assets and specific investments.
Students eligible for the internship will be current, fulltime students available to work at least 19 hours a week, beginning as soon as possible.
- Progress toward degrees in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields
- Demonstrated interest in investment management and basic understanding of financial markets
- Ideal candidate will be well organized, independent, entrepreneurial, assertive, self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, possessing a strong desire to understand complex transactions and situations in a dynamic environment
- Hard-working with a team-oriented approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/maintain external relationships
- Robust skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE