University Relations – Provider Network Associate Intern
This ten-week paid internship is located in Chicago, IL
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for actively participating in an internship program that leverages your skills, knowledge, and capabilities, while exposing you to different methodologies and tools needed to service the provider community. This role involves researching and resolving traditional and atypical provider inquiries arising from contract operations, system, data entry claims payment, and directory issues. Working closely with cross-functional teams in both our business and technical areas the Intern is responsible for communication with Provider Relations staff and other Government Program divisions, including updating the external network community regarding Blue Cross Blue Shield policy updates, system and contractual changes. Additional project support, administrative tasks, and ad hoc requests to support business needs.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned.
- responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Create a final internship PowerPoint presentation to share with department leadership covering the internship experience, the assigned project over the course of the summer, including the results along with any solutions or recommendations that can be leveraged by the department in the future.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical, developed PC skills, especially Excel, Word, and Access
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, Business Administration, Community Health, or a related degree.
- Graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Availability to work 10 weeks during the summer.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States (Currently, we are not offering this position with a student visa including F1, OPT, CPT or H1B and are not accepting or sponsoring student work visas for this role)
What Does the Internship Program Entail?
- Formal Intern Orientation to build business and industry acumen.
- Challenging real-world hands-on project
- Weekly networking opportunities among interns and company leaders
- Professional development workshops
- Business Resource Group involvement
- Volunteer activities
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Even if you don’t think you are a perfect fit, apply anyway - you might have qualifications we haven’t even thought of yet.