Chicago Cubs Summer Internship Program
2024 CHICAGO CUBS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Cubs Internship Program is a structured 12-week summer program (May 20, 2024 through August 9, 2024) for college students. The program is committed to curating introductory opportunities and exposure to the sports and entertainment business within a major league front office.
The program seeks to provide opportunities to members of underrepresented groups which includes, but is not limited to, students who identify as Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander descent, female, disabled, LBGTQ+ and individuals from diverse and/or non-linear educational or vocational paths.
Through engaging hands-on opportunities within specialized departments across the front office, students will develop sports business acumen, gain exposure within a major market sports operation, grow their professional network and meaningfully contribute to the organization and brand's growth.
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of our program apply today!
Please note this is an onsite Chicago-based opportunity with no relocation assistance provided.
DEPARTMENTS MAY INCLUDE:
- Cubs Charities
- Corporate Partnerships
- Hospitality & Retail
- Human Resources
- Special Events
- Strategy & Analytics
- Be in at least your sophomore year of college
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college/university
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire to become a sports & entertainment industry leader
- Proven ability to multitask and manage projects on strict deadlines
- Effective communication, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work non-standard hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work from May 20, 2024 through August 9, 2024
GENERAL PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate and engage in customized sports & entertainment training and development curriculum
- Complete hands-on developmental responsibilities supporting cross functional business initiatives
- Assist in creating and delivering memorable experiences around Cubs baseball and other events
- Continuously improve upon Cubs business operations; always looking for a better way to deliver on commitments to fans, clients, and key stakeholders
- Partner with departments and frontline associates to achieve organizational goals