Virtual Day Services Assistant Internship
Purpose of the Position: Assist the Day Service Manager, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, and/or Day Services Coordinator with various tasks that improve the quality of services provided to participants.
- Desire to improve quality services for adults with disabilities.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Good verbal and listening communication skills.
- Willingness to receive specialized training, as needed.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Computer proficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data.
Internship Location: Virtual
Monday-Friday, mornings and afternoons
Minimum of 6 hours
- Work with the Day Service Manager, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and/or Day Service Coordinator to build upon current services and enhance service quality.
- Assist staff in the implementation of specified virtual classes as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the further development of programming through research and planning as needed.
- Assist in the planning and/or implementation of special event activities as needed.
- Maintain high performance standards.
Time will be spent on a computer sitting for extended periods of time.
Ability to present information and respond to questions from participants, staff and the general public in virtual interactions is needed.
Sitting and use of fine motor skills is required regularly as is the utilization of hearing and vision with the ability to collaborate and orchestrate in a variety of environments. The capacity to differentiate between various levels of confidentiality and act accordingly is necessary.
- Provide supplemental support to Day Services programming to improve service quality
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Day Services programming
Internship Supervisor: Day Service Manager