Day Services Assistant Internship
Purpose of the Position: Assist the Service Leader, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, and/or Day Services Coordinator with various tasks that improve the quality of services provided to participants.
- Desire to improve quality services for adults with disabilities.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Good verbal and listening communication skills.
- Willingness to receive specialized training, as needed.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Computer proficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data.
Internship Location: Riverfront, Inc., La Crosse, WI
Monday-Friday, mornings and afternoons
Minimum of 6 hours
- Work with the Service Leader, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and/or Day Service Coordinator to build upon current services and enhance service quality.
- Assist staff in the implementation of specified groups as deemed necessary by the Service Leader, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and/or Day Services Coordinator.
- Assist in the further development of programming through research and planning as needed.
- Assist in the planning and/or implementation of special event activities as needed.
- Maintain high performance standards.
Time will be spent in the Day Service setting and in the community assisting the participants in achieving their recreational goals. Mobility within the Day Service setting or the community is required.
There is an occasional need for pushing/pulling wheelchairs for adults of various sizes. Ability to present information and respond to questions from participants, staff and the general public in face-to-face interactions is needed.
Bending and walking and use of fine motor skills is required regularly as is the utilization of hearing and vision with the ability to collaborate and orchestrate in a variety of environments. The capacity to differentiate between various levels of confidentiality and act accordingly is necessary.
- Provide supplemental support to Day Services programming to improve service quality
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Day Services programming
Internship Supervisor: Day Service Coordinator