Operations Management Training Program - Red Oak, IA
Why Choose Us?
Our global success is based on a simple equation: an empowered workforce operating in a supportive environment fosters innovative ideas and solutions. We encourage our team members to pursue ideas, and more importantly, we listen to them. When we succeed, we recognize team member achievements and create exceptional opportunities for career growth with a global company.
About the Role:
The Operations Leadership Program Associate will participate in an 18 month Leadership Development Program (LDP) to develop for future operations leadership roles within Parker Hose Products Division. The program consists of several rotations in one manufacturing facility, including lean transformation, supply chain and operations leadership. In this role, you will also receive special training in EHS, lean six-sigma, leading high performance teams, labor law and coaching for high performance.
A career at Parker offers boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products, and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
We are looking for:
- College Senior standing currently enrolled in a Business or Industrial Engineering program.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Relevant experience gained through internship or co-op opportunities.
- Working knowledge of lean concepts and demonstrated application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
What you will need to succeed:
- Drive for Results: utilize motivational techniques to improve performance continuously.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze results, check production levels and investigate production issues to ensure efficient department operation.
- Safety driven: teach plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious.
- Strong Communication skills: Ability to listen, communicate needs and results, and motivate the team.
- An Innovator: Driven to get creative, continuously improve and embrace lean practices.
- Enthusiastic Change Agent: Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate with and present to all levels of the organization regarding new or existing initiatives. Conduct training of the workforce as needed.
- Strong organizational skills: maintain appropriate logs and reports.
- Maintain a customer focus and have attention to details and quality. Ability to make sound decisions that will benefit the customer, the team, and the company.
What you'll get from us.
A Parker employee makes a positive impact on the world, and in turn, we strive to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees. We do this by establishing engaging and supportive work environments, investing in the health and wellness of our employees and their families, encouraging the continued education and skill development of our employees and teams, and offering exceptional advancement opportunities.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and paid time off.
- Corporate culture is based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflects skills, competencies, and potential.
- Relocation assistance.
- Sign on / retention bonus
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is not just a part of our rich history or present culture but a central aspect of our long-term goals and future plans. Diversity and inclusion are essential in creating a respectful workplace where all employees are empowered, can grow, and are recognized for their contributions.
Drug-Free Workplace In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.